Welcome to the Cleveland Ice Storm Website
3 Groups By What Moves in the Field your skater has passed
· Group A- No test- PrePreliminary moves in the field
· Group B- Preliminary-Prejuv moves in the field
· Group C- Juv-Senior moves in the field
Clinics- April 19th/21, April 26th/28, 3rd/5th May,
Thursday 5:30-6:30pm Group A
6:30-7:30pm Group B
Saturday 7:30-9:00am Group C
Tryouts- May 10th/12th
Clinics- FREE Tryouts- $25 for new Ice Storm members
Fill out the form below or Click HERE
Any questions? Please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the registration table when you check-in.
Check out our Fox 8 Kicking It With Kenny Videos!
WHAT’S NEW WITH THE CLEVELAND ICE STORM?
Check back here for updates!
- KICKING IT WITH KENNY Check out our videos from our Fox 8 debut!
- CHRISTMAS SHOW This past December our skaters had some fun putting together routines for our annual free Christmas Exhibition.
- VISIT FROM TORI ALEXANDER Miami University and Team USA Alumni stopped by our IJS practices after Christmas. Tori worked with the teams on performance and maximizing scores.
- JR BOARD FORMATION Our Club has recently founded a Jr Board. Skaters in high school will be able to give back through the Jr Board. From community service projects to social functions, the JR Board skaters will help grow their leadership skills.
CLEVELAND ICE STORM SYNCHRO FAQ
WHAT IS SYNCHRONIZED SKATING?
- Synchronized skating or “synchro” is a discipline of figure skating recognized by US Figure Skating, in which 8–20 (the number of skaters on a team depends on the level) skaters skate on the ice as a team, moving as one flowing unit. For a synchronized team to flow in unison, individual skaters must be competent at a variety of skating skills, including speed, footwork, and ice presence. The team performs a program set to music, with required formations including circles, lines, blocks, wheels, and intersections.
WHO IS THE CLEVELAND ICE STORM?
- The Cleveland Ice Storm Skating Club was formed in 2017. It is the largest synchronized skating organization in the northeast Ohio/Cleveland area. We train at the North Olmsted Recreation center. For the 2017-2018 season, we have 6 teams: Synchro Skills 1, Preliminary, PreJuvenile, Juvenile, Intermediate, and Novice level. Skaters from all across the Cleveland area travel to train with us. Some skaters travel from as far as Strongsville, Akron and Wooster!
HOW OFTEN DO YOU PRACTICE?
- The frequency of on- and off-ice practices is dependent on skating level and team. For example, a Synchro Skills 1 skating team will practice once a week. There may be more practices on the ice the week before competition. Higher level teams practice on the ice 2-3/+ hours a week with 1-2 hour of of- ice.
WHY SHOULD I JOIN THE CLEVELAND ICE STORM?
- The Cleveland Ice Storm will offer your skater a great platform to develop their skating skills, learn how to work as a team, and develop friendships that will last a lifetime (both for the skater and parents)! There are so many benefits to participating in a team sport, and synchronized skating is a great way for figure skaters to compete in a sport they love while enjoying all of the aspects of working with others on a team. The Cleveland Ice Storm teams represent the Cleveland Ice Storm Skating Club and compete within the US Figure Skating synchronized skating program, which offers a strong platform for future growth in the sport.
WHEN ARE TRYOUTS?
- Tryouts registration for the 2018-2019 season is OPEN!
For more information about our skating family, browse the tabs above to view our memberships, current competition schedule, and more! If you are interested in learning more about the sport of synchronized skating or becoming part of our long-standing success,please contact email@example.com